- Prepare blank sheet music, pencil and eraser.
- You can use multiple sheets.
- You can find blank sheet music provided in PDF file format for any standard printer below this text (in printer settings select the paper-size option "original size"). If you don't have sheet music or a printer, you can draw the five lines on a blank sheet with a ruler.
- Write on all sheets your first and last name in block letters on the top in the right corner.
- Read the following instructions carefully before starting the test. The test cannot be interrupted.
- Make sure you have enough time.
- The availability of the test is 60 minutes after the start including 50 minutes to answer the exercices and 10 minutes to upload your solution sheets.
- Before you start answering the tasks, use the first 5 minutes and read all the tasks carefully because they are related to each other.
- Use the next 45 minutes to answer the 9 tasks.
- Use the remaining 10 minutes to scan or photograph and upload your solutions.
- Try to keep to the recommended duration for answering each question.
- Use any remaining time to review your answers carefully.
- If you do not complete the tasks in the allotted time, please stop the test after 50 minutes anyway, and start submitting your existing answers within the available time. Focus on quality more than quantity, incomplete tests can also lead to a positive evaluation.
- Please note: After 50 minutes the window to answer the exercices closes and the window of 10 minutes for uploading the answers will automatically start.
- This test can’t be repeated.
Notes on the notation
- Please write down your answers carefully and clearly so that they are easy to read.
- Use notations and symbols that are as uniform as possible.
The FHNW Academy of Music adheres to the sensible and conservative use of personal data. The data collected will be processed solely for the purpose discernible to the user. Personal data shall be destroyed as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were processed. By handing in the exam details, the applicant agrees to the use of his/her personal data for the intended/discernible purpose.
Statement of authorship
You confirm to carry out the test independently and without any aids (e.g. instrument).